Ravish Kumar wiki biography: Ravish Kumar is a well-known journalist, media personality, and author from India. His show Prime Time is one of the reasons why people know him. Ravish Kumar is the Senior Executive Editor of NDTV India. He also hosts a number of shows, including Hum Log, Ravish ki Report, Des Ki Baat, and Prime Time, which is the most popular show on the channel during the week.
The Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for Best Journalist of the Year has been given to Ravish Kumar twice for his groundbreaking coverage of raw issues that affect the people of the country.
Ravish Kumar’s Wiki Biography details
Ravish Kumar Early Life
Ravish started getting ready for the Civil Services Examination after he got his bachelor’s degree in history. But he didn’t pass the test and went on to get a Master’s in History from Deshbandhu College and an M.Phil. from Delhi University. After that, he went to the Indian Institute of Mass Communication and got a Post-graduate diploma in journalism.
Ravish tells a story about when he was in college in Delhi. Someone told him that if he wanted to “look at girls,” he should go to the M Block GK I Market. Ravish Kumar also says that before he came to Delhi, the only big cities he had been to were Lucknow, Jamshedpur, and Ranikhet. Ravish learned about the late Parthasarathi Gupta when he was getting his Master’s in History at Delhi University.
Gupta was a great History Professor at Delhi University. Professor Gupta’s students called him “PSG,” which stands for “Peer-to-Peer.” Ravish used Gupta’s lectures on urbanisation as a guide, which changed the way he thought about cities.
Ravish’s Family Wiki
Ravish Kumar was born into a Bhumihar Brahmin family that was not very wealthy. His dad’s name is Baliram, and he lives in the East Champaran village of Jitvarpur. About his mother, there isn’t much known. Brajesh Kumar Pandey, his brother, is an active politician in Bihar. He has also run for office on the Indian National Congress ticket. But after his name came up in a sex scandal, Brajesh had to leave Congress.
Ravish Kumar met his future wife, Nayana Dasgupta, when he was getting his M.Phil. She was a student at Indraprastha College in Delhi.
Ravish and Nayana were together for about seven years before they got married. Ravish never had enough money back then, so he took Nayana on long walks and to coffee shops a lot. When Ravish’s family heard about Nayana, they were very against them getting married. But Ravish broke up with his family because he loved Nayana and married her. The two girls were born to the couple.
Ravish Kumar’s Social Media Handles
Controversies in Ravish’s Life
Controversies has been part of Ravish Kumar’s life. Whether to criticize prime manister or other political parties.
- When Ravish Kumar’s brother Brajesh Kumar Pandey was arrested in 2017 for a sex racket, he was criticized for not talking about it on his news shows.
- Ravish Kumar also caused trouble by criticizing Arnab Goswami without saying it directly.
- Since Narendra Modi took over as prime minister, Ravish Kumar has often said that he has been getting death threats and abusive phone calls.
- After being trolled over and over on Twitter, he left in August 2015.
Awards & Honours
- Ganesh Sankar Vidyarthi Award in 2010
- Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award in 2013 for the Journalist of The Year
- Indian News Television Award for the best news anchor in Hindi in 2014
- The Indian Express included him in the 100 most influential Indians list in 2016
- He was named the best journalist of the year by the Mumbai Press Club in 2016
- Honored with the first Kuldip Nayar journalism award for his contribution to the field of journalism in 2017
- Awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for “harnessing journalism to give voice to the voiceless” in 2019
- On 22 September 2019, awarded the first Gauri Lankesh National Journalism Award in Bengaluru.
Ravish Kumar Favourites
- Teacher: Late Parthasarathi Gupta (History Professor at Delhi University)
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Singer(s): Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh, Mohammed Aziz
Some Interesting Facts about Ravish Kumar
- Ravish Kumar loves listening to old Hindi songs.
- He is so scared of English-speaking people that when he first came to Delhi, he rented a Barsati in the bylanes of Govindpuri, away from ‘English- speaking zones.’
- Ravish Kumar’s marriage with Nayana Dasgupta is a love marriage.
- His family didn’t allow him to get married to Nayana Dasgupta; as she is a Bengali while Ravish is a Bhumihar Brahmin.
- Even after being a TV anchor, Ravish is often seen quoting about not watching TV News.
- He often complains about being trolled on social media and for often being interfered with in his personal life.
- Ravish has evolved a unique style of short story writing, and he calls these stories Laprek- Laghu Prem Katha. He has compiled these stories in a book titled “Ishq Mein Sheher Hona.”
- He has also penned another book titled “The Free Voice – On Democracy, Culture, and The Nation.”
- Ravish Kumar also runs a personal blog- ‘naisadak.blogspot.com.’
- At the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival, a feature-length documentary on Ravish Kumar titled “While We Watched” won the Amplify Voices Award. The documentary was made by filmmaker Vinay Shukla, and it traverses the broadcasting days of Ravish Kumar at NDTV. The documentary is titled “Namaskar! Main Ravish Kumar” in Hindi.
- A popular YouTube channel, The Screen Patti (TSP) runs a program titled Rabish Ki Report in which actor Shivankit Singh Parihar portrays Ravish Kumar as “Raja Rabish Kumar.”
In conclusion, here completing the Biography, Age, Wikipedia, Family, Caste, Height, Weight, and More. Go to MojBuzz Biography to know more about famous celebrities’ profiles. If you have any corrections or feedback on the above post then please feel free to Reach Us.
Ans. Ravish Kumar Is Married To Nayana Dasgupta And Has Two Daughters.
Ans. Ravish Kumar officially resigned from NDTV on 30 November 2022.
Ans. Ravish Kumar Was Born On 5 December 1974, In Jitwarpur Village Near Areraj In the East Champaran District Of Bihar.
Ans. In which year Ravish Kumar was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award?
Ans. Year 1996
Ans. Ravish Kumar’s famous shows are Ravish Ki Report on NDTV India, Hum Log on NDTV India, Prime Time on NDTV India
Ans. 5 December 1974
Keep Tuned with mojbuzz.com for more Entertainment